Lipotropic injections are solutions which contain a high dose of lipotropic nutrients, made up of one or more fat-burning compounds. These fat-burning compounds are essential vitamins and minerals our bodies need to enable them to effectively lose unwanted fat.
Getting lipotropic injections could be a particularly beneficial solution if patients struggle to achieve their weight loss goals with dieting and exercise. Which is why, medical practitioners, nutritionists and fitness experts may incorporate lipotropic injections into their patients’ weight loss plans.
So, what exactly are lipotropic injections – and can they effectively help you lose weight? That’s what we’ll cover in this article.
What Are Lipotropic Injections?
Lipotropic injections, also known as “lipo shots”, contain a high dose of lipotropic nutrients that are made up of one (or more) of the following fat-burning compounds:
- Vitamin B12
- B Complex vitamins
- Other vitamins, minerals, and amino acids
These lipotropic nutrients each have an important role in removing fat from the liver. They help the body utilize and burn fat, distribute energy as well as eliminate toxins from the body. Their main role is to effectively and naturally enhance liver and gallbladder’s functioning by reducing fat deposits and speeding up metabolism.
Not having enough of these lipotropic nutrients could lead to bile and fat build up in the liver, causing several health problems and diseases such as cirrhosis, liver failure and metabolic problems.
In addition, trapped bile and fat could lead to significantly slowed metabolism – or even stopped fat metabolism. This interruption of natural fat burning processes could lead to several other problems in the organs and body, because it prevents the body from utilizing and discarding fat how it normally would.
Here are the individual properties of each lipotropic nutrient:
- Choline. Choline is a natural nutrient, which can be found in a variety of different foods – however, most Americans get inadequate choline intake. It plays an important role in supporting the health of the liver, by helping the liver process and exert chemical waste from the body. It is also needed for transporting and metabolizing fats and cholesterol.
- Methionine. A sulfur-containing amino acid, methionine plays a key role in many bodily functions. As a lipotropic agent, it prevents excess fat build up in the liver, helps prevent and relieve fatigue, and reduces histamine release in some cases of allergy. It is important to note that patients with Sulfa allergy would not be able to use methionine injections.
- Inositol. Inositol is a pseudovitamin naturally found in animals and plants. It is often falsely thought to be part of the vitamin B family. Inositol supports the body’s ability to breakdown fats and helps reduce cholesterol levels in the blood. It also plays a vital part in various biological processes that have the ability to provide positive psychiatric results – and is often used as a treatment for PCOS and other dysfunctions.
- Vitamin B12. Involved in making the DNA needed for the production of healthy body cells, vitamin B12 plays a key role in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and proteins. Its main role is keeping the nerves and blood cells healthy. Vitamin B12 also works to lower the levels of homocysteine – a protein which is associated with a higher risk of stroke, heart attack and dementia. It is also often used to provide the body with an energy boost – the key symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency are weakness and tiredness.
- Amino acids. L-Arginine, L-Carnitine and Glutamine all play significant biological roles within the body. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein – which is crucial in most biological processes in the body. Amino acids enable other compounds to function properly this way helping the body achieve weight loss.
These lipotropic injection compounds are directly related to the body’s ability to utilize, distribute and burn fat. Combined in a form of a lipotropic shot, they are injected into the bloodstream without facing dilution, or being inefficiently absorbed by the gut.
Many weight loss programs, fitness and health specialists and medical professionals implement lipotropic shots into health programs to aid weight loss.
It is known that lipotropic shots also boost health in many other ways, as the body is body gets injected a healthy group of nutrients.
The benefits of lipotropic injections include:
- Improved mood
- Healthier liver
- Improved heart health
- Improved gut health
- Better hormone balance
- Increased energy levels
Do Lipotropic Injections Work?
A mixture of key vitamins, minerals and amino acids – which are essential in stimulating the liver function and boosting the body’s metabolism – lipotropic injections are effective in a helping the body more effectively burn fat and lose weight.
However, the injections will not do the work for you, as they should only be used as an addition to a healthy diet. The injections will optimize the biochemical element of metabolism and enhance other fat-burning aspects, helping your body cooperate in achieving weight loss goals.
It is important to remember that lipotropic injections are not a quick fix, so if you are looking to lose weight over a couple of weeks, you may need to look at other weight loss methods. Lipotropic injections should only be incorporated into your diet plan when you are aiming to achieve healthy weight loss over time.
Lipotropic Injections Risks & Side Effects
Lipotropic injections are an appealing option for someone who is aiming to achieve healthy weight. It is a minimally invasive procedure, which appears to have several other health benefits and could generally boost your wellbeing.
But like with any treatment, there are potential risks and side effects. It is important to know about these before beginning treatment.
The potential side effects we’ve found are:
- Urinary problems and upset stomach. The combination of various vitamins and substances (B6, B12, Chromium, L-Carnitine, and other) lipotropic injections contain may put a strain on your kidneys. This may lead to an upset stomach, and possibly even urinary problems.
- Tender/ painful injection spot. Just like after most injections, you may experience some pain and/ or tenderness at the spot of injection. This should go away quite quickly – but if it doesn’t, you could have an infection.
- Extreme exhaustion. Lipotropic injections temporarily alter the functioning of your digestive system. As this increases metabolism and digestion, your body is functioning at a higher level than it usually would. This could lead to feeling extremely exhausted immediately after the injection.
- Unexplained body pain. Another possible side effect is pain in various parts of the body following a lipotropic injection. Common areas for the pain to occur are the neck and hands. It isn’t clear why this pain may occur – but it is known to be only temporary.
Where Can I Get Lipotropic Injections?
Lipotropic injections can be purchased from a variety of weight loss injection suppliers online, as well as from dieticians and weight loss centers. Before buying lipotropic injections, it is important to ensure that you purchase them from a reliable, US-made pharmacy-grade supplier.
Here are a few licensed suppliers you could purchase lipotropic injections from:
How Much Do Lipotropic Injections Cost?
The cost of lipotropic injections varies however one injection normally costs between $10-25. It is recommended to do at least 1 injection per week for several months to achieve desired weight loss results. The injections can either be self-administered, or if you attend a weight loss clinic/ see a weight loss specialist, they can administer it for you.
Lipotropic injections are a great way to enhance weight loss efforts. The shots, which consist of essential vitamins and amino acids our bodies need, support our natural ability to burn fat and lose weight. Each of the compounds plays an important role in helping the body remove fat from the liver – and boosting your metabolism. Which is why, when diet alone doesn’t provide desired results, you may want to consider incorporating lipotropic injections into your weight loss plan.
As they consist of essential vitamins and minerals, receiving lipotropic injections also has a number of other benefits for the body, such as better mood, better hormonal balance and increased alertness.
However, it is important to note that lipotropic injections alone won’t help you lose weight – they need to be part of a healthy weight loss and fitness plan, as they simply enhance your body’s ability to lose weight.