SHAPE ReClaimed is marketed as being an effective and safe health program that is designed by qualified practitioners.
The goal of SHAPE ReClaimed is to “separate myths and facts while developing the best program possible for total health and wellness”.
A unique aspect of the diet is that people who sign up receive an initial consultation, detailed health analysis, and are then given an individualized diet plan to suit their personal needs.
SHAPE ReClaimed is said to have been developed after a large amount of research from a well-known doctor, Dr Simeons. Unfortunately, this is the same doctor that released the “fad” HCG diet, which revolved around eating just 500 calories a day while taking a powerful hormonal drug called HCG.
The SHAPE ReClaimed program claims that it can restore your health by:
- Reducing inflammation
- Cleansing and detoxification
- Strengthening immunity
- Releasing toxic weight
Alongside the weight loss plan, a strong emphasis is also placed on consuming their own formulated liquid supplement called SHAPE Nanomolecular.
What Is The SHAPE ReClaimed Diet?
The first step to following the SHAPE ReClaimed diet is to contact one of their local SHAPE practitioners to arrange for an initial consultation. These practitioners are there to evaluate the condition of the patient and discuss their diet and lifestyle. If you are advised to start the SHAPE ReClaimed program, you will be asked to sign up for a health analysis via a urinalysis test.
Their urinalysis, also known as a urine testing, measures your leukocytes, nitrites, urobilinogen, protein, blood pH, specific gravity, ketones, bilirubin, and glucose levels. From these measures this will allow the practitioner to assess your arterial functioning, digestive health, acid and alkalinity levels, hydration status, fuel sources, diabetic tendencies, and risk of infection.
After these initial steps, you will begin to follow the programs 3 phases:
This phase is designed to cleanse the system and remove toxins. Other benefits are weight loss, reduced inflammation, and an improved relationship with food. People are advised to stick to the nutritional guidelines given by their practitioner during this phase while taking the SHAPE supplement.
The principle of the diet is a low carbohydrate, high fat, high protein approach which much resembles a paleolithic diet. Recipes are also offered (in the “The Complete Patient Guidebook”) that are all protein rich meals with a large emphasis on meat consumption.
Regular urinalyses are advised to keep check of health markers and make adjustments as needed based on advice from the practitioner. This phase should last at least 3 weeks.
After phase 1, this next phase is meant to improve brain function and highlight potential food intolerances. The SHAPE supplement will not need to be consumed in this stage, and certain foods can be reintroduced into the diet that were removed during phase 1. This phase should also last for at least 3 weeks.
After the first 2 phases, you are meant to have the knowledge required to successfully sustain good nutritional habits. It is still advised to continue taking the SHAPE formula on a regular basis. This phase is said to be a lifestyle and so there is no minimum length.
An important point regarding SHAPE ReClaimed is that every program is customized according to a person’s health history, laboratory results, and progress. After this, the program continues to regularly monitor your health.
On the diets website it lists the following benefits for those that follow the SHAPE ReClaimed program:
- Detox and cleanse
- Reduce inflammation
- Enhance immune function
- Safely release excess weight
- Decrease pain
- Improve digestion
- Discover and potentially resolve allergies
- Increase energy
- Improve sleep
- Decrease or eliminate medication dependency (with practitioner supervision)
- Improve blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Improve mood
- Improve mental clarity
- Balance hormones
- Improve skin, hair and nail health
- Create a healthy relationship with food
- Learn life skills for long-term health
- One-on-one practitioner monitoring
- Create a community of like-minded people in our OFFICIAL SHAPE ReClaimed Support Group
- Restore your health and revitalize your life!
Positive Aspects Of SHAPE ReClaimed
Will Replicate The Benefits Of A Low Carbohydrate Diet
As SHAPE ReClaimed is mainly focused on a high dietary fat and protein intake, people on the diet should experience some of the common benefits of low carbohydrate dieting. This includes:
- Weight Loss: Due to the restriction of a macronutrient from the diet, overall calorie intake will inevitably decrease on a low carbohydrate diet. On average, this tends to lead to a body weight loss of 10-15lbs in 2-3 months – depending on many genetic and interindividual factors    .
- Reduced Inflammation: The reduced frequency of carbohydrate ingestion will lead to less hyperglycemic responses (mainly refined carbohydrates) which often leads to an inflammatory response and an accumulation of free radicals . A reduction in sugar intake will also improve the function of the gut wall and prevent bacterial overgrowth in the intestines that would typically disturb gut function and exacerbate inflammatory responses .
- Less Appetite: Low carbohydrate diets are usually high in protein. Protein is the most satiating macronutrient as it can increase the production of appetite-suppressing hormones such as leptin, and reduce production of appetite-stimulating hormones such as ghrelin. Studies also indicate that high protein diets lead to greater levels of peptide YY, which is another key hormone that reduces appetite .
- Lowered Triglyceride Levels: Triglycerides are fat molecules that circulate in the bloodstream. High carbohydrate diets seem to elevate triglyceride levels, especially in sedentary people, whereas low carbohydrate diets have the opposite effect  .
- Increased HDL cholesterol: High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol is often referred to as “good” cholesterol. HDL is responsible for transporting excess cholesterol in the blood and taking it back to the liver where it is degraded and excreted .
- Better Glycemic Control: Some evidence suggests that high carbohydrate diets result in an exaggerated insulin response. Under the right conditions, this insulin response can worsen over time and become unable to properly deal with removing glucose from the blood. Many studies are available demonstrating the benefits of low carbohydrate diets on reducing glucose and insulin concentrations and improving glycemic control  .
Tracks Changes In Health And Wellbeing
Arguably the best part of the SHAPE ReClaimed diet is that it allows people to keep an in-depth analysis of their health status via urine analysis tests.
This is important when considering that the majority of modern weight loss diets are causing a lot of health issues such as nutrient deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, and increasing the risk of infections.
By measuring certain health markers, those on the program will be able to track any potential improvements or deteriorations of these markers over time while on the diet (with the help of a medical professional). This allows for the correction of any issues which may arise before they cause serious side effects.
As most diets do not provide the means for their customers to have such an analysis and assessment, this component of the diet is highly praised.
Negative Aspects Of SHAPE ReClaimed
The Supplement Poses Many Questions
A major aspect of the program is pushing their SHAPE Nanomolecular dietary supplement.
If you were to believe the claims and statements behind the supplement, you would easily be convinced it is going to change your life.
A positive component of the supplement is that it does indeed use high quality, organic ingredients that are free of hormones, fillers, preservatives and stabilizers.
The ingredients within the supplement are:
- Lyophilized pituitary bovine gland
- Hypothalamus bovine gland
- Placenta ovine
- Sodium phosphate
- Sodium chloride
- Potassium phosphate
- Magnesium phosphate
- Calcium carbonate
- Strychnine tree seed
- Berberine root extract
- Activated charcoal
- Celandine root
Unfortunately, the supplement is based on a proprietary blend. This means that there is no way for anyone (other than the creators) to know how much of each ingredient is within the product. In most cases, this is a loophole for supplement companies to name a lot of known ingredients on the label while only using small amounts that are not able to have a real effect.
Based on the total serving size of the proprietary blend used, and from analyzing the individual ingredients within the supplement, it is likely not going to positively influence ones health and it is not recommended for use.
Most of the ingredients do not have sufficient research to prove their worth, and the more proven ingredients seem to be in insufficient dosages to significantly affect ones health (based off the serving size of the proprietary blend).
To make matters worse, this supplement comes at a high price of $60 and will last only 1-2 months. For such an unproven product, paying around $1000 a year is a hard pill to swallow (excuse the pun).
In addition, despite the supplements ineffectiveness, it is continuously regarded as a necessity by the creators of the diet program. When asked on the Q+A section of their site whether the program can be followed properly without the supplement, the creators responded “No. The success of the program is based on the healing properties of the SHAPE supplement”.
As any diets success should rely almost exclusively on natural wholefoods, and supplements should only play a minor role (at best), it can be assumed the SHAPE ReClaimed program is largely a marketing ploy in order to sell their supplement.
It’s Extremely Expensive
What is interesting about the SHAPE ReClaimed diet is that although it is a paid service, it does not have a pricing list.
They state that the cost of the program will depend on the experience of the practitioner you work with, the location of the practitioner, and the diagnostic and treatment techniques that are used during any consultations.
In fact, they even state that the diet is sometimes based on “package pricing” while other times it is based on “individual services and products”. There is a clear lack of clarity on the pricing scheme and people should be cautious about this to avoid being overcharged by their services.
This is especially important when considering the creators state “we ask that SHAPE Warriors do not discuss cost on Facebook”.
To know rough figures for pricing you have to look towards user reviews by those who have paid for the program. As an example, one individual paid an extraordinary $525.00 for a 2-hour consultation session, a urine analysis, followed by 4 short sessions to monitor the clients progress on the diet. This did not even include the price of the supplement and program booklet.
Not All Practitioners May Be Suitably Qualified
The creators of the diet like to promote their professional practitioners and assure people that they are in reliable hands. However, the legitimacy of these workers has to be questioned.
For example, on their public advertisements to become a SHAPE practitioner, they state that some acceptable qualifications are licensed mental health counsellors and acupuncturists.
Although we are sure these types of professionals are experts in their own fields, these qualifications are not necessarily suitable for analyzing urine samples and providing personalized nutrition programs. Especially at the price that they are charging, an experienced dietician or nutritionist should be the only professionals in such a position.
The SHAPE ReClaimed diet attempts to offer people some unique features such as an initial consultation, personalized advice from qualified practitioners, and health tests via urinalysis.
The low carbohydrate approach which the diet promotes will offer many benefits such as weight loss, reduced triglyceride levels and improved glycemic control. The option to have frequent health tests and check-ups with a practitioner are also great options that may avoid potential health issues.
However, the diet continually tries to force customers to purchase their expensive supplement, despite a clear lack of evidence for its use. Considering the diet is already a very large investment to begin with, the sales push for the supplement seems unnecessary and raises doubt over the diets intentions.
In addition, the process to become one of their certified practitioners seems rather weak, and people should be skeptical about receiving dietary plans from people that may not be suitably qualified to do so.